Advanced search

Separation advice

(4 Posts)
lilypoppet Tue 10-Jan-17 19:21:12

Well here I am again, alone in the house while husband goes out, place undisclosed. So, we are heading for separation as he's making no effort for us to have a relationship and I'm pretty fed up. I'd appreciate any advice on what to.ask the solicitor about and how.much that will cost. I'm working, he's unemployed. Thank you all .

PurpleWithRed Tue 10-Jan-17 19:22:54

Gather together all the financial information you can get your hands on. Do you have equity in a home, pensions, savings, debts? Children? Is there likely to be discord over who the kids live with and when?

lilypoppet Tue 10-Jan-17 20:32:44

I want the children living with me but he wants to co Parent. We have a house that I want to live it (it's rented out at the moment) he wants to see it. He wants a 50 50 split but I want 60 with h having 40 so we don't agree on anything

TreeTop7 Thu 12-Jan-17 08:02:27

Is he not in paid work because he's been the primary childcare giver? That could be relevant I think.

Definitely get together a list of finances for a solicitor first of all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: