Talk

Advanced search

Help please! Told child we're separating..is it normal to now think I've made the wrong decision?!!

(5 Posts)
Fig678 Sun 08-Jan-17 22:03:19

What the title says really... feeling really wobbly. It's been a long time coming.
Love my husband but can't bear to be together. Already moved out last year under the guise that 'we're taking some time out' and still living separately.
Told 9 year old child today.
Now feeling devastated like I've made the wrong decision.
Please tell me it's normal to feel like this

TreeTop7 Mon 09-Jan-17 07:37:13

Hi and welcome.
Wobbling is normal, even when it's the right decision (as you imply it is). Don't be tough on yourself. Expect some peaks and troughs. Take care.

Fig678 Mon 09-Jan-17 09:38:08

Thanks treetop. Feeling terrible this morning but not devastated so a slight improvement I guess.. Thanks for you reply

TreeTop7 Tue 10-Jan-17 07:41:42

How are you feeling today?

Fig678 Wed 11-Jan-17 20:49:13

Thanks for your message TreeTop. I'm doing better, feeling sad, guilty, but also like a weight has been lifted. Much better than a couple of days ago.
Thank you for replying to my thread and checking in on me, I really appreciate it.
I posted the same on the relationships board as apparently more traffic so I'm going to ask for this thread to now be removed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now