Advanced search

Separation advice

(3 Posts)
TheReferoo Tue 20-Dec-16 09:09:18

ive got to a point where it looks like there is no saving my marriage. I am pretty sure he wants out but is forcing my hand to make the decision. I want him to move out after xmas but I am not sure he will willingly. Where do I stand legally on this? We jointly own the house outright and have a couple of rental properties that are in his name. I will move out with the kids if I have to buy this is a last resort. He has a lot of options which are much easier but I think he'll want to stay in the family home. Thank you.

MrsBertBibby Fri 23-Dec-16 08:33:10

You can't force him out at this stage unless there's serious violence, on the whole.

You need to press on with the divorce, get to mediation, and if that isn't working, get your financial application lodged. Just don't get sidetracked.

You can get the divorce papers ready now, or get booked in with a solicitor asap after New Year if you want advice first, or for them to do the divorce.

EnormousTiger Fri 23-Dec-16 11:14:15

You both have a legal right to live in the matrimonial home until you divorce. My ex and I were both advised by our solicitors not to move out so we didn't and lived together through 7 months whilst we negotiated the finances etc and he moved out when I was able to remortgage, buy him out , transfer the cash to him and property and mortgage moved into my name. A day after that all finished and after decree absolute he moved out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: