Talk

Advanced search

Tips for anxiety

(9 Posts)
daisymai08 Sun 11-Dec-16 15:37:15

Although I'm happy with my decision to split from DH the decision was made yesterday and he'd plastered it on FB before I'd even told my DM (or DS aged 10) - I'm struggling with this anxiety feeling in my stomach, any ideas on a remedy at all?

DiegeticMuch Sun 11-Dec-16 16:34:39

What an absurd thing for him to have done. Definitely one for the "unreasonable behaviour" list.

Talk to your GP if you're an anxiety sufferer. Gingerbread has a helpline too. The Samaritans will listen to you, which might help.

rightsofwomen Sun 11-Dec-16 20:58:02

What a moronic thing to do.

Is anxiety something you suffer with at times anyway or is this new?
I would try and take control in whatever way you can. Write lists. Plan your days. Try and get some exercise.

Do you have local support?

daisymai08 Sun 11-Dec-16 22:21:39

No I'm a really outwardly strong person normally he's been controlling but I hadn't really clicked it's just my stomach is permanently churned but that's to be expected I guess....

rightsofwomen Sun 11-Dec-16 22:51:31

Yes it is. I was pretty shocked by the effect on my physical and mental health my extremely difficult divorce had.

Hermonie2016 Tue 13-Dec-16 13:55:24

I have the same symptoms and normally cope really well.

I do find yoga helpful, it only when I haven't been for a while that I realise the symptoms are worse.

seventhgonickname Sun 01-Jan-17 01:59:44

I had this for the first time ever,my GP was great was given short term meds with follow up chats.Also worth having it documented,I hadn't realised at the time.

jeaux90 Sun 01-Jan-17 15:47:05

I second yoga for anxiety. Specifically the "square" breathing. You can do it for 10 minutes on your bed. Trouble is it's so relaxing I would often fall asleep grin

I would say that it's good for occasional anxiety but if it goes on the definitely get to the docs.

user1481030284 Mon 02-Jan-17 14:08:53

Do the inhale and exhale for 5minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now