We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thinking about seperation...

(2 Posts)
dopeydee Wed 09-Nov-16 11:13:49

Advice needed on potential separation please...

My husband and I have been together 6 years, married for 2 of those years. What was an incredibly passionate relationship has naturally dulled a bit and I have come to realise that we are not compatible deep down (in fact I have come to think of him as a bit of an a***hole). I won't go into the ins and outs of why as it would be quite the novel and of course there are two sides to every story.

I am not really sure on the best course of action from here. I think a separation is on the cards, trial or perm. but logistically I am unsure what to suggest to him.

We live in a house bought in my name with my deposit, mortgage jointly paid. In the house with us is our DS2 and DSS15, and one/two nights a week his DSS5. My husband works from home. In an ideal world I would like to stay in the house with my son as it is close to my work and his childcare. Until my son goes to school this would be a stretch financially but after that we would be fine.

I don't see my husband leaving willingly and therein is the problem. He has said previously that because DSS15 lives there I cannot ask him to leave. DSS does have a room at his mum's and for 14 years this was his primary home.

My only other option would be to go to my parents with DS2 which is 45mins + from work and childcare. Also if I leave do I surrender some of my rights or set a precedence legally?

What do I do?

OneTiredMummmyyy Wed 09-Nov-16 21:58:06

I'm confused - the mortgage is in joint names but the house is in your sole name? I didn't know that was even possible?

I have to say, the part about your DH saying you can't ask your DSS to leave because he lives there is a bit... hmm Where did that conversation come from?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now