Talk

Advanced search

Thinking about seperation...

(2 Posts)
dopeydee Wed 09-Nov-16 11:13:49

Advice needed on potential separation please...

My husband and I have been together 6 years, married for 2 of those years. What was an incredibly passionate relationship has naturally dulled a bit and I have come to realise that we are not compatible deep down (in fact I have come to think of him as a bit of an a***hole). I won't go into the ins and outs of why as it would be quite the novel and of course there are two sides to every story.

I am not really sure on the best course of action from here. I think a separation is on the cards, trial or perm. but logistically I am unsure what to suggest to him.

We live in a house bought in my name with my deposit, mortgage jointly paid. In the house with us is our DS2 and DSS15, and one/two nights a week his DSS5. My husband works from home. In an ideal world I would like to stay in the house with my son as it is close to my work and his childcare. Until my son goes to school this would be a stretch financially but after that we would be fine.

I don't see my husband leaving willingly and therein is the problem. He has said previously that because DSS15 lives there I cannot ask him to leave. DSS does have a room at his mum's and for 14 years this was his primary home.

My only other option would be to go to my parents with DS2 which is 45mins + from work and childcare. Also if I leave do I surrender some of my rights or set a precedence legally?

What do I do?

OP’s posts: |
OneTiredMummmyyy Wed 09-Nov-16 21:58:06

I'm confused - the mortgage is in joint names but the house is in your sole name? I didn't know that was even possible?

I have to say, the part about your DH saying you can't ask your DSS to leave because he lives there is a bit... hmm Where did that conversation come from?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in