Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Childcare and Access Arrangements

(2 Posts)
user1478514943 Mon 07-Nov-16 13:59:01

Hi everyone,

Just want to bounce my proposal for access and childcare on you guys before I present it to my husband.

Currently I work 4 days a week, Mon-Thurs, flexible hours, I just need to do 7.5 a day. My H works 2-10pm and has Thurs and Sunday off. He currently watches our son in the mornings Mon-Wed, then he goes to a child minder for the afternoon Mon&Tues and his Nanny watches him Wed afternoon.

I'm thinking of proposing that I put our son into full day childcare for Mon & Tues. Then on Wednesday I drop him off with H who can have him Wed (his mum will watch our son whilst he's at work), thurs and I will collect him friday before H goes to work. This gives him two nights a week with our son. I was also thinking of doing every other Sunday. So H would drop him at the childminder Monday morning and I would collect him in the evening.

Does this sound reasonable. I know it's a drastically reduced amount of time compared to now and I'm sure H would still like to do the childcare Mon & Tues mornings but I honestly can't bear the thought of having to see him those extra 2 times.

Let me know what you think.

Phillipa12 Mon 07-Nov-16 17:39:06

I understand that you cannot bear to see your ex those extra two times but your son will and hes the most important person in this. Just look at it from your ex's point of view, would you be happy if this is what you were being offered?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now