Advanced search

Practical advice

(1 Post)
pomegranatepie Thu 27-Oct-16 13:08:17

I am self employed with my own cake business but only make about £60 a week profit at the moment, work about 20 hours and look after my son the rest of the time. Husband has agreed to move out. The house is in my name but we are married so I assume he is entitled to half the equity? I am hoping to stay put for a while until the dust settles am down I can figure out the best move for my son and me. If I claim tax credits I have worked out that I can cover our costs (just) using the online calculator. What should my first step be? We are hoping to be able to come to an amicable agreement re. Maintenance etc but I want to know that in the short term I can manage without relying on that (he can be a little unpredictable when emotional). I feel sick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now