Talk

Advanced search

How do I find a good solicitor?

(3 Posts)
fernley Mon 03-Oct-16 12:37:20

Brief back story. Have been going to couples counselling for 2 years with H. It's not working. We both know we will not eventually be together. DCs are 8 and 11. H thinks that we should stay together until they have both left home and we should try to keep things as normal as possible for them. I think they are already negatively affected and that we should separate. Financially we are fucked and I don't know how we could afford another place for one of us to live. H has basically said "I'm not leaving and neither are the kids". Ideally I want him to move out.
I need some professional advice but how do I find a solicitor without just cold calling? I don't know anyone who could recommend for me and can't broadcast my situation to all and sundry. TIA.

Mousetastic69 Mon 03-Oct-16 15:02:17

Hi there,

You poor thing. It sounds like a terribly difficult situation. Can you tell me where you live? I work with a number of family lawyers and may be able to offer a recommendation...

Emma

fernley Mon 03-Oct-16 19:33:06

Hi Mouse thanks for your reply. I'm in west London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now