Advanced search

Please help me

(4 Posts)
MummyIsMagic79 Fri 30-Sep-16 14:36:40

Please help.

H and I are 38 and 35. 3 DC 10, 7 and 3.

For many reasons we wish to separate. He is being vile. He is refusing to leave. We rent our home. He says he can't afford to live alone. I could afford it just, if the kids and I left and moved to a rental nearby, only just, with my income and the benefits increase I would get. He says I'm being selfish and that would he leaving him homeless.

What I would like to know is, if I find a rental nearby, how long do things like HB etc take to be paid/increased? I can't move in and have to wait ages to pay any rent/bills. I do have a job, but I would need slight benefit help if I was alone with my children.

I am desperate to get away. Please help.

WatchingFromTheWings Fri 30-Sep-16 14:45:40

Who's name is on the rental agreement? If it's both I don't think either of you will be able to ask the other to leave.

You may be better off just finding your own place and leaving him to it. IME HB are pretty quick at setting things up.

WatchingFromTheWings Fri 30-Sep-16 14:46:27

You need to put yourself and the kids first though. Let him sort himself out, he's a grown man.

Fourormore Fri 30-Sep-16 16:17:21

My housing benefit came through pretty quickly but you'll want to check that the places you're looking at accept housing benefit. Many don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now