Talk

Advanced search

How is 'primary carer' decided in contested 50-50 care arrangement?

(5 Posts)
uncivilunpartnership Mon 26-Sep-16 23:27:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fourormore Tue 27-Sep-16 08:10:33

No, there is nothing automatic to say that the person who gives birth is the primary carer.

If you're happy with 50/50 I'd say you have a good chance of getting it based on what you've written here. The house may need to be sold to provide you both with a similar standard of housing elsewhere unless one of you can buy the other out. You're absolutely right to not move out. She has no more rights than you do.

uncivilunpartnership Tue 27-Sep-16 09:20:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rightsforwomen Tue 27-Sep-16 10:13:58

The starting point is 50:50 and I believe unless there are safeguarding issues, the courts are really not interested in 'she did that, I did that' sort of stuff.

Their primary focus is the welfare of the children.

PizzaPlease Tue 27-Sep-16 10:26:44

I'm sure she wants to spend as much time as possible with the children, but could this also about child maintenance? I'm going through something similar myself now and the nights thing stood out to me as it is calculated on the amount of nights you have the children and not how much time they spend with either parent the rest of the time as far as I know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now