Advanced search

Ex has my child's passport

(9 Posts)
NooNooMummy Mon 26-Sep-16 10:59:47

What can I do ?! My ex took my daughter's passport and birth certificate (amongst several
other things that I've accepted I'll never see again). He's refusing to give them back. I need to book flights for our agreed Christmas break. Advice, please!!

(He thinks that there are still clothes of his in my flat - there aren't.. - and he's says that he's not giving me anything till I let him into collect his things. Or maybe he just enjoys messing with my life... Yes, he's a * <*insert your own four letter word > We're in mediation but the next appointment is in mid- October) sad

OP’s posts: |
endofthelinefinally Mon 26-Sep-16 11:01:21

Report it stolen and apply for a new one.
You can easily get a copy of the birth certificate but you do have to pay for that.

greenfolder Thu 29-Sep-16 06:40:18

You have probably just got to time to apply for a new one. Remember if you have to apply late, you can't pick it up same day if it's lost, even with a same day apps they have to post it to you

NooNooMummy Thu 29-Sep-16 22:57:43

He's got the birth certificate too. I suppose I have to get a new birth certificate first. Anyone know a way round this? confused

OP’s posts: |
Meadows76 Thu 29-Sep-16 23:04:50

Just b a birth certificate, there is no point trying to find a way round it, they are like £15 or something. Then get a new passport.

Allalonenow Thu 29-Sep-16 23:11:17

Have a look at the GOVUK website, they will have the exact details of what you need to do, you might even be able to download and print out the forms, but you need to get a move on with it as time is short.

NooNooMummy Sat 01-Oct-16 12:53:11

Thank you everyone.

OP’s posts: |
FruitCider Sat 01-Oct-16 13:01:04

Yes just buy a new birth certificate then do 7 day fast track service and include lost passport form. It will cost you money but it's an immediate solution.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 09-Oct-16 11:11:54

Don't forget to send the nasty bastard a postcard!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in