Talk

Advanced search

Money!

(6 Posts)
toomanylols Mon 12-Sep-16 18:50:45

Hi ladies. So my ex and I are parting ways. We have a child together and another one on the way. He has never had any money since we met 4 years ago. I bought a house. I never asked him for rent although he does pay half the bills. Now when I bought the house, his parents bought me 2 windows and floors totalling 3k euro, as a gift. They never once said I would have to pay them back. They just said they were helping us out. He is now asking for that money back. I put 1200 into my own engagement ring (I'm ashamed to tell you) so he said he'll knock a grand off because that ring will not be worth that now. Do you think I need to pay him back the 2k? Those windows were truly gifts as they knew I was skint once I bought the house and I was struggling. Lots of people helped us out. What would you do? Thanks x

QuiteLikely5 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:52:57

Do not pay him a penny!!!!!!

He has no chance of getting that cash back as he wasn't even the person who gave it to you!

lilydaisyrose Mon 12-Sep-16 18:53:17

I would explain all the above to his parents (not going through him) and ask them directly

toomanylols Mon 12-Sep-16 19:00:23

Quitelikely5 his parents actually transferred the cash to him and he transferred the cash to the vendor. So I'm hoping that doesn't mean I have to pay him back? His parents are such quiet people that never stand up to him. They have often been at the end of his snappiness. I couldn't deal with the directly, he would actually kill me.

My understanding was unless there is a contract with someone to pay them back then it can only be a gift? It have I been watching too much Judge Judy? confused

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Mon 12-Sep-16 19:04:26

Unless they can prove it was a loan then tell them all to get stuffed.

toomanylols Mon 12-Sep-16 19:23:10

Thank you ladies. It most definitely wasn't a loan so I'll stick to my guns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now