Talk

Advanced search

How should I approach this?

(1 Post)
user1471853539 Wed 07-Sep-16 22:47:08

I think we're heading for divorce. Kids etc can be agreed, but finance is going to be BIG.
Basically we have a house, share in another property and my partners business.
Property is easy, 50 50.
The business I can value, I have a high, low and middle value. Should I start really high, although that may cause my partner to become defensive and is not easy to argue , or go for the fair middle ground, which I could argue, or low and agree. I'm looking at 50 50, but that is going to be a major sticking point. I've read Lambert vs lambert, hopefully that will be a good argument. Has anyone else won 50 50 on their partners business?
I actually want to stay together and work on our relationship, but, if I get 50%, or near, I could be financially set up for life, while my ex would be almost starting again, but with a good business. In ten years I can really enjoy life, mortgage free, they will still having to work, especially if I go for the middle value.
I have a lot of data on their business they have no idea I know.
Would you just go for it and divorce, or wait and hope they change their position.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now