Advanced search

DH just emailed me to say he's moving out

(9 Posts)
Fourormore Thu 01-Sep-16 20:47:51

Child maintenance is now done on gross wages - 16% for two children and then reductions dependent on the number of nights he has the children over the course of a year.

PikachuSayBoo Thu 01-Sep-16 20:28:46

He will have to pay 20% of his wages in child support as well I think.

Emochild Thu 01-Sep-16 20:20:19

Your council tax will actually be zero as a full time student you need to request a certificate of attendance from your uni/college

You can also claim free school meals

Contact the student loan company if you are full time -loans are usually calculated with your husbands income -single parent you can borrow more or may be eligible for a maintenance grant

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:14:16

Phone all the companies and tell them. Ask them to send the final bill to both of you separately with half each to pay.

Fourormore Thu 01-Sep-16 20:12:40

No it doesn't. You can apply for child tax credits if you don't work at all. You will get the same help if you still have your ex on the mortgage. You should probably have all the utility bills put into your name though. Call the council, you'll get a 25% reduction on your council tax bill.

Scottishthreeberry16 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:10:13

I don't think I need childcare costs - both at secondary school.

Wondering if my student status prevents me applying for child tax credits?

OP’s posts: |
PotteringAlong Thu 01-Sep-16 17:52:35

If you're a full time student you might get help with childcare costs too.

Vonnie2016 Thu 01-Sep-16 17:51:14

Have a look at might help you

Scottishthreeberry16 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:15:18

We're separating. Not a complete surprise but I'm suddenly panicking. I have very little income. He said he will financially provide for our two children. At the moment, we have joint names for:

Bills (water rates, credit card, electricity/gas, council tax, etc)


Jointly owned car insurance, building insurance

Both names on mortgage

I guess I will have to claim some kind of benefits (though I haven't claimed before so am naive). I don't work enough (currently a student until December) to get working tax credits I guess.

I suppose I may be eligible for child tax credits but does this depend on cancelling all our jointly named bills/accounts above? Can we still both have our names on the mortgage/house deeds and me still be eligible for benefits?

I have very little idea how this all works really sad

Please, can anyone help here?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in