Advanced search

Can divorce move forward without childrens arrangements in place?

(5 Posts)
Lelloteddy Sat 27-Aug-16 19:55:58

Asking on behalf of a friend.
He is the respondant but hasn't yet seen the papers. Based on two years separation. Solicitors office has told him to come in and sign them. But he's just applied for a contact order for the children and hasn't even got a court date for a first hearing.
In my experience, nothing could move forward until contact arrangements were in place and agreed?

MrsBertBibby Sat 27-Aug-16 23:35:25

No, the court used to be able to delay the divorce if not satisfied with child arrangements but the relevant section has been repealed.

Incredibly rare anyway.

Lelloteddy Sun 28-Aug-16 11:40:32

Thanks MrsBert smile

So essentially the divorce can go ahead and the contact order can then follow?

MrsBertBibby Sun 28-Aug-16 17:49:10

Exactly so. Hope it goes ok for your friend.

Lelloteddy Sun 28-Aug-16 22:32:41

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now