Advanced search

Ex changing contact because he's angry

(7 Posts)
motheroreily Sat 06-Aug-16 15:05:53

I've been separated over a year. My ex-h has our daughter every weekend. Which I've never been happy with but I work part time so have time with her in the week and I've said when she starts school we need to share weekends.

My ex-h gets angry about ridiculous things. The latest is that I went to the cinema with our daughter and my friend and her daughter. He is furious about that because I asked him if he wanted to take her to see this film and he said no I could take her because he thought it would be nice for me to spend time with her. So he's furious because my friend came and it wasn't just me and her,

We agreed months ago I could have our daughter tomorrow and now he's saying no. What can I do? I feel like he's punishing me and I've done nothing wrong, I'm so angry.

I don't know where they're staying. I know it's only one day and I believe he'll return her tomorrow night but I'd made plans tomorrow as I never normally have her at weekends.

Sorry for the rant I'm just upset

motheroreily Sat 06-Aug-16 15:08:22

He keeps saying he'll get full custody.

fuzzywuzzy Sat 06-Aug-16 15:18:56

You need to formalise contact you both have the children every other weekend and half the school holidays.

He can't dictate to you who you go out with.

I can see why he's an ex.

motheroreily Sat 06-Aug-16 15:47:59

Yes - that's the only positive I've found. It's confirming I made the right decision

lifeisunjust Sun 07-Aug-16 09:13:56

Is there a reason why you don't move to 50 50? Then do alternate weeks and that is the end of fighting.

motheroreily Sun 07-Aug-16 10:23:20

He works unpredictable hours and starts work at 5am so he can't commit to week days.

I'd be happy with 50/50.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 07-Aug-16 10:29:25

Firstly stop discussing what you are going to with your daughter with him. He has no right to have knowledge of, nor dictate how you spend your time. Your daughter needs to grow up seeing her mother as a strong, independent woman who makes her own decisions. He is using your good nature of discussing things as a method of control and you need to stop this. Equally you don't have right to know what he is doing with your DD and where he is staying within the UK.
I would get contact on a more formal basis this maybe through mediation and mutually agreed, or if that fails through court.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now