post divorce - kids time sharing

(4 Posts)
Blink191984 Mon 25-Jul-16 20:37:27

I am a mother ( about to be separated), soon we will follow the time sharing routine for 2 boys aged 5&7. 2 days for father and 5 days for mother.
I am not feeling comfortable about it as the father has never looked after them even a single day, on top of it they need extra effort in their studies.
This arrangement will spoil their routine. I am feeling quite restless and unable to take a firm decision. Final date is approaching soon.

Any suggestion would help.
TIA

VioletBam Tue 26-Jul-16 08:50:44

I think it's important for children to spend time with both parents. A relationship with their Father is vital. He will learn how to manage them....this is his chance to learn how to look after them.

They're very young so 2 days with their Father won't cause any harm to their studies.

Minime85 Tue 26-Jul-16 10:47:20

I think 5/2 sounds like a good arrangement. I agree relationship with both parents is very important. I hated having to part with my dcs, but I see the good relationship they have with their dad and actually have a better relationship with him now as he now has to take care of them and look after them. It will hopefully improve their relationship. No reason why dad shouldn't do work on school studies either. I understand why you are anxious but I think when it gets going and after a few months things will settle. You will also have some time to yourself which trust me is lovely too. Mine were 8&5 when separated

Blink191984 Tue 26-Jul-16 17:36:45

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. It helped a lot in making my self understand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now