Advanced search

New to this but desperate for advice - Contact order, Judge etc

(2 Posts)
user1467999348 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:05:29

my 9yr old daughter lives with myself and my new husband. My ex is an (undiagnosed) alcoholic and very controlling. There are other issues going on along with property that we both still share (he is stalling with agreeing on a sale of shared property at the same time has started proceedings to sell the house which we jointly own and I have paid for and paid the deposit for (long story - we were not married and in Scotland this is called a co-habitant claim but still means he can effectively evict me from this house!). Anyway, a child welfare hearing has deemed that he is to have the child overnight once per fortnight yet (to cut the story short) she is inconsolable about being made to go and is making herself sick, getting ulcers, withholding bowel movements etc. She still wants to see her dad but not want to stay overnight. I have always encouraged her to see him ever since he went btw. My desperation comes from the fact that the Sheriff (I am in Scotland) has awarded this overnight contact despite the alcoholism suspicion (he's never been diagnosed) and also despite the fact that he is a known associate of a prolificly high 'status' criminal in Glasgow and does not have a bedroom for her (yet is fighting over property which he could live in which does have a bedroom for her). I have stated my case to the court and also taken her to the GP who both more or less said that he is her father and must see her! Like I said, I have never stopped him seeing her and always encourage him to do so but she is distressed to the point of being ill yet no one, either the judge nor the GP wants to know! It seems like a tick box exercise and her feelings are not being taken into account. PLEASE can someone give me advice? The solicitor just seems to roll with it, the GP doesn't want to know 'it is not a medical matter' and the judge is certainly not impartial. I don't know where else to turn. Please offer some advice?

OP’s posts: |
Fourormore Sat 09-Jul-16 09:23:26

That sounds terribly distressing but I'm not sure what it is you're looking for. If you have been ordered to make your child available then that is what you have to do.
Your daughter is having a very extreme reaction - has he hurt her before or something?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in