Advanced search

Ex withholding information needed for consent order

(3 Posts)
Iamabuyingbootsaddict Sun 26-Jun-16 12:13:18

We have had our decree nisi and were intending to agree a consent order pending the absolute. Ex agreed in March to provide financial accounts for money which officially belongs to our DS which was left to him by a relative of his fathers for him to receive when he comes of age. My ex has invested part of the money in a house he lives in with the intention that he will give the money back to my son when he inherits (yet more) money. To protect my sons money I wanted its existence to be part of the consent order & to receive an annual report on its whereabouts and investment. Although my ex agreed to this in March he will not provide the information to his solicitor so that he can amend the consent order and he won't obviously complete the financial statement forms either. He refuses to respond to anything about it and says he is not bothered whether the divorce goes through or not. I don't have a solicitor representing me and have coped ok so far writing my own letters to ex's solicitor. However, I'm wondering now whether my only option if he won't respond to me is to get a solicitor to write to his solicitor. I realise that I am going to have to get some more legal advice but was wondering if anyone had any ideas or experience of dealing with a stalling of proceedings like this? Thanks for reading.

OP’s posts: |
Minime85 Sun 26-Jun-16 18:40:48

So sorry I don't have anything helpful to say but didn't want to read and run. It does unfortunately sound as if you will need to speak to a solicitor at the very least. I don't understand his secrecy if it is for ds. Surely he had to sign something when he used ds' money to say it w doe best interest of child?

Iamabuyingbootsaddict Sun 26-Jun-16 21:22:47

There is a long back story to it. Basically he stealthily got his hands on the money due to a whole other set of circumstances that he worked in his favour. The fact is that he shouldn't have done what he has done with the money but unless I am prepared to take him to court (which I'm not in a position to do unfortunately) it is very difficult to do anything about it. Thanks for replying.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in