Talk

Advanced search

Divorce - Transfer of equity - tr1

(6 Posts)
Chickpeachick0 Sat 11-Jun-16 09:39:37

Hi , does anyone know if my friends stbxh has a right to know what her new mortgage offer is . Her mortgage offer expires soon And he is now saying he needs to know before signing the transfer of equity form . Thanks !

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 11-Jun-16 12:21:21

I am in the process of transferring equity to my ExH. I have no details of his mortgages and whilst I don't want to know his solicitor has been very clear that they are confidential.

clarrrp Sat 11-Jun-16 14:21:13

Hi , does anyone know if my friends stbxh has a right to know what her new mortgage offer is .

It should not affect the transfer of equity,.

rodneydel Sat 11-Jun-16 16:04:06

My oh is being bought out of his ex's home. He has only seen paperwork saying how much he will be getting from the remortgage as part of divorce. He has not seen anything else, I would imagine as its 'her' business it can remain confidential.

Chickpeachick0 Sat 11-Jun-16 18:02:16

Thankyou so much , my friend is having a real battle and her solicitor is not great .

user1464519881 Sun 12-Jun-16 09:08:13

No obligation to show it. My ex wasn't shown mine (I bought him out and remortgaged). However I would not have been bothered had he wanted to see it and he was still living in the same house until the bitter end so might well have seen it.

I suppose if an issue in a court hearing was what can your friend borrow and there were doubt about it then it might be something a judge might order should be disclosed. If there is no reason to keep it secret in general I favour openness. If he will twist anything round and make a big fuss over it then don't show him however.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now