Advanced search

Wants his cake and to eat it.

(6 Posts)
Pisssssedofff Fri 03-Jun-16 00:59:02

So ex wants a split out of the house but is basically refusing to pay 50% of the maintaince, repairs, mortgage shortfall etc until it's sold.
Any way of enforcing this ?
Thank you

BoatyMcBoat Fri 03-Jun-16 13:32:36

Have you got a lawyer? If not, get one. I imagine that when it comes to divorce financials anything he refuses to pay in the meantime will be taken from his share. Is the house in both your names?

Pisssssedofff Fri 03-Jun-16 13:42:41

No it's just in his name. I can't afford a lawyer I just can't

thelonggame Fri 03-Jun-16 18:30:38

I would try asking this question in the Legal board.
I do agree with pp that his share of the house upkeep will come out of his percentage when the house is sold. Make sure everything is documented and receipts kept.

orangebird69 Sat 04-Jun-16 21:13:57

Are you married?

Pisssssedofff Sat 04-Jun-16 22:06:40

Divorced now, I didn't realise you're meant to sort this first. We were married 10 years, 4 kids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now