Talk

Advanced search

Do you need to meet with your solicitor in person? Would you consider separating/divorce with telephone/written contact

(3 Posts)
YetanotherAnonymousquestion Thu 02-Jun-16 08:15:32

I am considering using Co-Op Legal Services (CLS) rather than a local solicitor. Not to save money but because I am a bit overwhelmed trying to find a local solicitor and I use Co OP for pretty much everything (conveyancing, banking, insurance etc)

I wouldn't be able to meet with the solicitor. It would be phonecalls, written correspondence etc. I have had initial advice from the solicitor who would take it on and I found him good to talk to and felt he got things very quickly.

Any thoughts?

FV45 Thu 02-Jun-16 09:24:45

I have met my solicitor twice in the last year. Most communication is done via email and phone.
The face to face meetings were pretty important though and a great deal got done, so cost wise it was more effective.

I have also needed to pop into the office to sign forms so that's something to consider as well.

user1464519881 Sun 05-Jun-16 14:58:29

I had one meeting but I am not keen on meetings as I'm busy so liked having mostly email contact. It worked well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now