Talk

Advanced search

collaborative divorce as an option?

(6 Posts)
yahboohiss Tue 31-May-16 09:41:31

Anyone experienced this? Would you recommend?

Minime85 Tue 31-May-16 11:15:23

What do you mean exactly? I filed for unreasonable behaviour but ex saw it before it went off and we split costs. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

yahboohiss Tue 31-May-16 11:20:39

I understood it to be an option for divorce proceedings which was non-confrontational, child focussed and so on.

You both need solicitors who have signed up to the "collaborative" process?
It involves 4-way meetings where you and your sol are present to reach quick agreement.
Just wondered if it was a gimmick or something worthwhile? Want to keep costs down but get good advice...

Minime85 Tue 31-May-16 18:55:57

Sorry never heard of it. Did mine myself so no need for solicitors. And hence thousands of pounds cheaper

lifeisunjust Tue 31-May-16 21:24:45

Why not use a single mediator instead who works for the children and not lawyers who work for the best financial settlement of their adult client and who then charges maybe 4 times more?

yahboohiss Wed 01-Jun-16 19:06:26

Thanks for the advice minime and life - will see what I can do myself and check out the mediator option also. Trying to do things amicably/fairly and not shell out too much - anticipating running two households will be expensive so don't want to start off skint!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now