Advanced search


(12 Posts)
helphelp123 Thu 12-May-16 17:16:15

A couple of questions if anyone is able to help....
I am about to start divorce proceedings.
i)I have 2 children from a previous relationship and 1 from the marriage. Does anyone know if I HAVE to include the first two children on the divorce papers?
I know I can, but it doesn't seem to say if I have to.
ii)We have no money, no house, no savings, no joint assets so I am hoping there is no need to have a solicitor as there is nothing to split, and we really need to do this as cheaply as possible.
If I put in a financial order it will cost. All I want is if ex gets a job (currently training) then he will pay the standard % for his child. Do I need to get a financial order for this or does this come as standard?

OP’s posts: |
MrsBertBibby Fri 13-May-16 00:07:17

If your older children lived with you during this marriage then they are children of the family and should be included in the papers.

Minime85 Fri 13-May-16 06:21:53

You'll need a financial order. Divorce bit isn't really about the kids as you don't have to even include them I think they want it more for statistics

helphelp123 Fri 13-May-16 06:53:05

Thank you!
I think a financial order and a consent order from what I can see!

OP’s posts: |
Malina22 Fri 13-May-16 09:09:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MrsBlimey Fri 13-May-16 09:14:34

Post above reported as spam

Motlewaz Sun 15-May-16 11:55:23

Hie I'm new to MN. I have been married for four years and have been wanting out of the marriage since four months into it. "My OH" has been sending inappropriate messages to other women and other peoples wives. When I first confronted him he vowed he'd never do it again and last year during our travels it turns out he has been doing exactly what he promised he won't do... I can't say the exact details. I am so scared and so unhappy. I am mainly scared because I worry that our children will hate me for divorcing their father but I'm so unhappy and don't know how to go about this. We live together in my house but I worry that he won't leave without a fight... Please any advice

Minime85 Sun 15-May-16 16:32:19

You too need to take advice from a solicitor

AmberGreyson Tue 17-May-16 15:27:56

If you have nothing to split it does not mean that you don't need a solicitor. I recently read one article about divorce, it will help you . Divorce is unpleasant process. Frustration, anger and sadness are the byproducts of a divorce but they would disappear with the passage of time.

AmberGreyson Tue 17-May-16 15:28:55

+ you want that all your kids stay with you then hire a lawyer. Remember, divorce is like a war

MrsBertBibby Tue 17-May-16 16:09:41

Divorce is not a war. It's a divorce. Some are very difficult, many are pretty amicable, plenty have periods of both. If you go in expecting a fight however you are far likelier to have one.

And what earthly use is a website about divorce in the USA?

Can you talk to your GP about counselling, OP? Sounds like you need more than just a solicitor.

Minime85 Tue 17-May-16 16:18:49

Divorce does not need to be a war

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in