Advanced search

how to apply to a family court for an order

(2 Posts)
DebbieSharman123 Tue 03-May-16 12:36:57

Having represented myself, I have learnt how to make an application to court with the appropriate forms i.e. applying for maintenance etc for a court order. In the first instance form D11 has to be got from a court by ringing 0300 123 5577. I can then assist with you completing the form and drawing up a draft order.

wabbitears Wed 04-May-16 18:39:41

D11 is just one form - and it's a general form used for a variety of applications to court. There are many different forms used, and the appropriate form must be used for the application being made ie a C100 for an application relating to children or a Form A for Ancillary Relief.

General word to the wise for anyone reading this - please make sure that if you do get a draft order for finances that a suitably qualified and experienced family law solicitor has drawn up the order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now