Advanced search

Urgently need good relationship counsellor in Richmond /Kew

(2 Posts)
Bridgetjonesasamum Tue 03-May-16 06:40:33

My husband wants us to divorce after a row in front of the children the other day. He's said this in the past but is insistent this time. Every few months - a year we seem to have a big row. But he has been reluctant to see a counsellor. And once things have got back on track, I've not broached the issue. I don't want to divorce yet. I think we need to talk through the issues that have built up and try to work through them. I also think the impact of divorce, with two small children, will be huge. I want them to grow up with two parents around. I suspect we will have to leave London as we can't afford to keep two houses. So I need to find an excellent counsellor locally who can help us work through these things, if nothing else so that if we do separate eventually, there's less tension from the past. But I don't know how to get him to go to counselling nor if he will embrace it.

OP’s posts: |
Kr1stina Wed 04-May-16 17:46:06

You can't get him to counselling if he doesn't want to go .

You can't stop him leaving . Or divorcing you.

I'm sorry , it must be very hard

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in