Advanced search


(7 Posts)
Dee15 Sat 19-Mar-16 14:46:43

I'm unsure where to start. I recently got a final order after a long and stressful divorce following years if DV . The judge ruled in my favour due to ex H malicious lies and non disclosure . We have two DC. Matrimonal property was given to Ex H by his mother.
Ex M in law now wants property back as unhappy with the outcome of the final order. she has hired a top lawyer and she is claiming the property was transferred to Ex H under duress and undue influence .

Whinfell10 Sat 19-Mar-16 20:07:22

Hey. Poor you, sounds horrendous. If it's a final order, I thought that meant final!! But I don't know. Did your ex have a solicitor representing him? Not wishing to pry but shouldn't you just go back to your original lawyer who represented you and got you this deal as they are going to know all the intricate details of your case. How long ago did you get the final settlement?

Dee15 Sat 19-Mar-16 21:21:56

I have gone back to my lawyer but unsure as the firm is specialised in family law . I'm wondering if a property lawyer would be appropriate

VocationalGoat Sat 19-Mar-16 21:25:13

Did you get a clean break order OP?

Whinfell10 Sat 19-Mar-16 23:15:03

No, I am pretty sure this would still be family law and if you were happy with your lawyers to date I would keep using them - they can also advise you if they think a property specialist is needed

VocationalGoat Sun 20-Mar-16 10:22:41

If you got a clean break order, the sweat is off. Find out OP.

Fidelia Tue 22-Mar-16 14:40:06

Hmm...surely her case will be against your ex, not you? If he has deprived her of property, then he would surely be the one (if any) who would have to compensate her, not you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now