Talk

Advanced search

Understanding a contact order

(2 Posts)
scuffylookingnerfherder Wed 16-Mar-16 10:40:03

Hope you guys can help,

We have a contact order in place, the children live with us and the father has allocated time. He is now going on holiday and where previously he has requested this in writing and provided flight times he is now simply demanding passports and giving little further information.

He now believes that he doesn't need to request permission as he is going for less than a month.

The order states:

Where a residence order is in force to person may remove the children from the UK without written consent of every person with parental consent.

However, this does not prevent the removal of the children, for a period of less than 1 month, by the person whose favour the Resident Order is made.

The order also states that he removed his request for a residence order, the children live with us so I would have thought that the second line applies to us and not him. I just want to be 100% sure before putting our foot down.

We don't have a residence order and have not applied for one, I would have thought we simply have this by default as they live with us and the contact order is in place?

Help please, abusive texts are every hour on the hour now.......

Fourormore Wed 16-Mar-16 16:56:29

If the order doesn't say that the children live with him (or both of you) then he needs your permission to take the children out of the country.

That said, he could take it to court and it would be very unusual if the holiday wasn't granted.

Your best bet is agreeing to the holiday on the condition that he provides travel (flight numbers) and accommodation details (address and telephone number if available).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now