recommend divorce lawyer in crawley please

(6 Posts)
Ihaverunoutofideasforaname Mon 29-Feb-16 14:46:50

Hi there, I don't live in Crawley but I work near there so I'm thinking it would be best to hook up with a divorce lawyer for access during work hours etc.
Can anyone recommend one in the area please?

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 29-Feb-16 17:49:46

Apart from the first meeting pretty much everything is done by email and letter after that or phone calls. I am in Berkshire and my solicitor in West Sussex has it hampered the process at all.
Take a day off for the first meeting it is pretty hard going.

Ihaverunoutofideasforaname Mon 29-Feb-16 20:52:28

Thanks for the advice, can you recommend your own lawyer?
It's an awful situation at home and I have to move things forward. My DH is refusing to cooperate so I need to find out what it is I actually do to start the process. I can't get to grips with how you tell someone you're officially separated while you're living in the same house if he refuses to accept it. So I kind of need to make it all official. I have read something online to say that you have to make sure you're not making each other's dinner etc. but it's all a bit wishy washy and I need something concrete in place. The problem is he tries to ignore it and then we just argue all day every day in front of my DS. Things need to move on and unfortunately they aren't without any official process in place. Do you know what happens, is it like the movies and they get served divorce papers? Or are there just procedures that I have to follow? No worries if you've no time to do the detail in my questions, I think it's clear that I have to spend time and money with the suits now.

Lonecatwithkitten Mon 29-Feb-16 21:40:01

I am using Stuart Ruff at Thomas Eggar, Chichester. My ExH has been extremely difficult including some terrible situations involving my DD. Stuart has dealt with one of the most terrible bits do I didn't have to.

thelonggame Tue 01-Mar-16 20:56:04

sorry to hear you are going through this, sounds an awful situation.
Take a look at this website - Wikivorce
it has a lot of guides to help you, and another one is David Terry which has a very good forum.

valL123 Thu 03-Mar-16 11:57:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now