We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help with completing the Form E financial statement. Am I the applicant?

(6 Posts)
DragonsCanHop Fri 19-Feb-16 14:23:31

I'm seeing my solicitor next week for the first time but my outreach work said to try and complete this form (photo attached) I don't know where to pit my name and his name.

Sprig1 Fri 19-Feb-16 17:57:55

diydivorce.familylaw.co.uk/media/6183/Example-Form-E.pdf

sootica Fri 19-Feb-16 18:02:22

Don't worry about the front page of you are seeing your solicitor - they'll fill it in for you - just concentrate on the financial info which is what your solicitor needs
But if there are no court proceedings about the finances then neither of you are the applicant
Just tick who is the Petitioner and Respondent in the divorce proceedings or leave blank if no divorce proceedings

Namechanger2015 Sat 20-Feb-16 11:03:56

Did you apply for the divorce and send him divorce papers? If so you are the applicant.

DragonsCanHop Sat 20-Feb-16 11:14:39

I haven't done anything yet but yes I am going to divorce him.

Namechanger2015 Sat 20-Feb-16 12:37:44

Ok if you haven't applied yet then leave that bit blank. But really work hard to complete the form he best you can and get hold of any official paperwork to prove your numbers.

It's bloody hard work getting through your form E but the more you do yourself the less it will cost you in solicitors fees. Good luck. Mine still makes me shudder even though it's been submitted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now