Talk

Advanced search

Am i jealous??

(3 Posts)
HowTheFuckDoIDoThis Mon 15-Feb-16 12:26:34

We split up 5 month ago. He ended it due to insecurities. I was more than happy for it to end as i wasnt happy myself.

I have now found out from our 7 year old son about his old girlfriend taking them places etc. My son says his dad wont admit it but he thinks she is his girlfriend.

I havent said much, i just let my son tell me what he did.
Now i keep thinking how shit it is that he is going places with our son and his old gf after such a short time.
I dont know if im jealous, or if i really am right to feel how i feel.

I dont want to be with him, and im not bothered that he is with someone else.
I just dont understand why this is bothering me

ConkersDontScareSpiders Mon 15-Feb-16 12:35:05

You might be a bit jealous...kind of I don't want him but I don't want anyone else to have him sort of thing-you have a lot of shared history.not nice to admit feeling like that to yourself but I think it's more common than people would fess up to.
You might also be annoyed that he didn't have the courtesy to tell you that someone else would be spending one with your ds doing family type stuff.You wouldn't be able to stop this even if you wanted to really (and I'm not suggesting you would), but it would be nice to know that someone else,that appears to your ds at least to be a girl friend,is spending significant time with him.
It's an odd feeling OP -like being annoyed but not having a real right to be almost...I have it myself over ex h sometimes.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 15-Feb-16 12:40:11

When I was in your position op, I wasn't jealous, I certainly did not want to be with ex.

But it felt really sad for me that I was having to live a life I had not chosen and my dc were suffering and ex was sailing on with life unscathed (there was a lot of abuse and I left him).

But I ignored it and concentrated on making my life what I wanted it to be. And I couldn't give a rats what ex is up to now, altho he and his wife (who was ow), do not hesitate to try and rub my face in their lives every opportunity they get. Which doesn't bother me, I don't live to flaunt my life to them.

This will pass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now