Advanced search

Child access

(1 Post)
bingobango79 Mon 08-Feb-16 11:12:34

I have split from my ex six months ago. We are getting divorced but have one child under 5.

I split from ex for a number of reasons, DV was one, but he was becoming very erratic. When I left, he attempted suicide in the house (got him to a hospital but he discharged himself and then refused treatment). I still left with our child but he seemed paranoid and strange before the split and he was not better afterwards! He claims to be absolutely fine now. Our child came back from initial contact visits saying he had hit, and then making strange sexualised remarks, which meant a section 47 investigation which is still ongoing.

Ex wants 50 per cent access for child care - I think he's in no fit state to look after a young child. He is taking me to court for this, and they've asked for a section 7.

I am terrified that the court will simply think I'm a hysteric - he's really messed with my head too and I've had to have counselling to understand I've been abused. I don't want anything more to do with him personally and 50 per cent shared care is to me a living nightmare as well as the idea he'll have overnight contact.

I would like to hear from anyone in a similar position or experience of this kind of child contact problem, because its scaring me shitless. I have been using solicitors but running out of money. I don't want to fail my child but worry so much that the court will give him contact in the way he wants. He is very controlling, and I feel this is more abuse, really.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: