Talk

Advanced search

If NRP has one child much less than the others, can you do separate calculations?

(5 Posts)
makingmiracles Sat 30-Jan-16 19:29:31

Just that really, if the NRP has his children overnight, but one child much much fewer nights a year can you take separate calculations for each? I tried on the online calculator and it's basically saying he should be paying 100 pounds more a month than he is. Might this be right?

thinking about going through csa/whatever they are called now as a job change means I no longer know what he is earning/whether he is being truthful. Do csa know exactly what he's earning when they do it through them or do they still rely on him being truthful?

Lonecatwithkitten Sat 30-Jan-16 23:26:41

Could you do an average calculation?

Number nights for child A is X
Number nights for child B is Y
X+Y /2 = Z
Z being average number of nights he has each child, total number of child nights would be correct in a
calculator.

sandgrown Sat 30-Jan-16 23:30:17

Under new child maintenance scheme income used is taken direct from HMRC information.

Fourormore Tue 02-Feb-16 15:05:02

Two separate calculations wouldn't be right.

I think what you'd have to do is calculate the amount he would pay if he never had either child, so the full amount payable for 2 children (16% of gross income I believe).

Then you'd have to halve that, and then for each child deduct 1/7th if he had that child 52-103 nights, 2/7th if he had them for 104-155 nights, 3/7th if he had them for 156+

If you're doing a separate calculation for each then you're starting with two lots of 12% of gross income, so 24% of gross income and that isn't right.

The dedications for nights taken are done at the end of the process.

Fourormore Tue 02-Feb-16 15:05:48

I've assumed there are two children in the example above.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now