Advanced search

Anyone had experience of trying to make changes to a Court Order for shared childcare after a divorce.

(6 Posts)
MrsG1969 Tue 26-Jan-16 14:46:34

I am a newbie, so hope I am OK asking this smile

I have a very difficult ex who is very un co-operative in general, we only communicate via email. We have a court order in place now for 4 years, my son is 15. All been working OK but I have a new job and it is no longer term time. I need to now book my holidays off in advance. At the minute my ex only has to give me 4 weeks notice of his intended holiday time with my son.

I have tried to go via the court / mediation, but he didn't turn up.

I have now emailed him of a few suggested changes. One being the Wednesday in half term, if he cannot have him by 10am (his day and weekend) I will need to take him down south with me for a work induction day and will not be returning until the Saturday (my family live down there). My ex doesn't work, and is saying he cannot commit to this. He is just being very difficult as always.

My question is, what happens if I break the court order having emailed him the circumstances. Or what else can I do ?

Thanks for any help / advice. smile

babybarrister Wed 27-Jan-16 13:11:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsG1969 Wed 27-Jan-16 13:41:07

Thank you. So if my son agrees I can't get in trouble with the court x

babybarrister Wed 27-Jan-16 14:14:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsG1969 Wed 27-Jan-16 15:01:24

He totally understands and agrees with me. His Dad is very manipulative and will put words in his mouth. His Dad is just ignoring my emails at the moment. Very difficult to communicate with him to sort an agreement out. My barrister at the was flabbergasted by him.

MrsG1969 Wed 27-Jan-16 15:14:30

Thank you so much for replying. Greatly appreciated. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: