Talk

Advanced search

Renting new place and credit check in maiden name?

(2 Posts)
Startingout2015 Mon 18-Jan-16 13:51:23

I have been living with parents for the past 6 months and just starting to think about moving out on my own.

I am not yet divorced but have been using my maiden name since separation.

When I apply for the credit check to rent should I do this in married name or can i continue to use my maiden name?

elliepac Sun 24-Jan-16 08:27:19

I am in exactly the same position as you except i have been at my mum's for nearly 2 years. I have also begun to use my maiden name for various things but legally my name is still my married name until the divorce comes through. All my credit history for the last 13 years is in married name and for that reason i will be using my married name. There will be links on credit file to maiden name but as most things only stay on for 6 years or so then for me everything will be in married name. So I would apply in married name. I know using maiden name is symbolic but for this i would stick to married name. It is exciting isn't it, can't wait to get own place for dc's and Ismile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now