Talk

Advanced search

How to handle this

(7 Posts)
allgoodthings3 Thu 24-Dec-15 13:11:43

DH and I have decide to separate. At the moment we are ok but he keeps bullying me to sign something to say I will only take 7% of everything(which is a lot but I dont think its fair for 20 years of marriage) I would be happy with 10-15%
He has everything in offshore trusts, even our house!!
Ive told him I am not signing anything and hes stopped mentioning it for now, but if I dare ask for more than what he has said he would give me he will get very nasty and it will affect the children.
Im going to see a lawyer in January. WWUD?

Savagebeauty Thu 24-Dec-15 13:13:22

You see a solicitor and ignore his nasty threats.
Sign nothing.

DoreenLethal Thu 24-Dec-15 13:28:01

Say nothing until you have seen a lawyer. Why should you just take a tiny percentage of your shared ownings?

Fourormore Thu 24-Dec-15 15:05:09

Definitely don't take such a tiny amount, especially if there are children involved.

hesterton Thu 24-Dec-15 15:07:34

No no no don't sign. Get a great lawyer. 15% sounds ridiculously low. I'm sure you'd be entitled to far more.

Racmactac Thu 24-Dec-15 15:10:43

Don't sign anything. You are probably entitled to at least 50%.

If he chooses to get nasty and effect the children he is a knob.

Go get legal advice in new year.

kickassangel Thu 24-Dec-15 15:10:55

I thought 50% of joint assets for married couples was 'the norm'?

Remember - this is meant to establish a home for the children as well as you. You're not trying to take money that's his, but use the money which is legally yours to care for your children. Why should your children only be entitled to 15% of a house? What good is that to them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now