Talk

Advanced search

Rings

(10 Posts)
ConfusedNoMore Sat 12-Dec-15 09:52:33

Not a big issue compared to actual divorce proceedings going on (in court soon) but it is something I wonder about. What did you do with your wedding and engagement rings?

I love mine. Can't wear them but not sure I could part with them either. Toying with having made into one new ring after divorce or is that a bit weird?

Was reading engagement ring thread on style and beauty so its prompted this.

TooSassy Sat 12-Dec-15 14:05:25

You could melt down and have new jewellery made.

I plan on selling mine. No way I want to keep them.

ConfusedNoMore Sat 12-Dec-15 22:07:54

You might be right. Maybe I should sell them and get myself something new.

marriednotdead Sun 13-Dec-15 01:03:17

I'm in a similar position and love my rings. Twat ex actually had the cheek to ask for mine back <whole other thread>hmm
Made me determined to keep them on until I'm good and ready to take them off, divorce should be finalised in the spring.
Developed an itchy rash a couple of weeks ago looks like every part of me is rejecting him so have swapped them to my right hand for now.

When I can afford it, I intend to have them made into a ring or perhaps a chain.

marriednotdead Sun 13-Dec-15 01:05:09

The resale value of jewellery tends to be a fraction of what you paid so it may not get you much more than scrap prices.

Gobzilla Fri 15-Jan-16 21:13:35

I love my rings and they are not very traditional so i decides to wear them on my right ring finger.

ALaughAMinute Fri 15-Jan-16 22:34:25

I was going to pass mine on to my daughter but I'm not sure she'll want them seeing as we got divorced.

HerRoyalNotness Fri 15-Jan-16 22:42:29

My first ex I threw them in the bin, if it happens again I'll keep them and most likely wear them. They're lovely and I will always treasure them, if not the man who gave them to me

Mumtumwhatever Sat 06-Feb-16 08:42:30

Resale value is a joke so I kept mine. I have two daughters so I am keeping the rings for them because they liked them (I have two eternity bands - how ironic that I am now divorced!).

They will have to fight over a pair of diamond earrings and my engagement ring though! My engagement ring however I'm toying with getting made into a solitaire necklace, because I always wanted one!

My ex also tried to get me to return everything during our financial settlement. Instead I got a valuation for the resale value (1/5 of the purchase price). That made him really angry but it did shut him up and I kept my rings.

Fairylea Sat 06-Feb-16 08:46:38

I sold mine and used the money towards a break to Disneyland Paris for dd and I. The memories and great photos meant more to me or her than the rings did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now