loader

Talk

Advanced search

who travels?

(8 Posts)
whatyouseeiswhatyouget Fri 06-Nov-15 10:01:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 06-Nov-15 14:03:18

My ex moved an hour in the car and then an hours ferry ride away. For the first year he had no driving licence so I did all the travelling to the ferry port this side where he meet us. Now we share the travel.

momb Fri 06-Nov-15 14:07:57

My DH chose to move to be with me. His Ex has always refused to assist with the travelling. Dh was bitter with her for her infidelities and the breakdown of their marriage in much the same way you are with your ex, but he does what is best for his kids. You should do the same.

kittybiscuits Fri 06-Nov-15 20:43:22

He's not even having them for the weekend. He is really taking the piss. I wouldn't agree to sharing the drive in these circumstances.

inchoccyheaven Fri 06-Nov-15 23:16:36

My dp and her ex tend to do a journey each, so she will take the dc over to him and then he brings them back. Can take about hour and half to do round trip. I tend to do same with my ex but luckily ( or not!) we live very close so takes 10 mins max. I think long term you have to compromise for sake of kids.

Canyouforgiveher Fri 06-Nov-15 23:25:35

I think if I were you I would say that since his time with his children is so short, you are happy to facilitate him enjoying every bit of it available - so he will pick up and deliver to your house so he can at least spend those moments in the car with his children. If he says that isn't fair, ask him does he not want time with his children?

He is an ass who is trying for the easy life/minimal parenting - facilitating that is not in your children's best interest.

If you have parents who live a bit away, are generally supportive, then that is different - you might well want to offer half the journeys in that situation. your ex is not in that situation. he is taking the piss and making sure you facilitate him and his new life without any regard for his children. If i had to live apart from my children I would want every moment with them.

Oh and if he does agree to do pick up/drop off, make sure any interaction happens outside the house - especially if it is the old family home.

whatyouseeiswhatyouget Sat 07-Nov-15 13:00:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kittybiscuits Sat 07-Nov-15 13:03:04

You are being entirely reasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now