Advanced search

Mediation refusal

(2 Posts)
FTS123 Fri 30-Oct-15 14:51:05

About 9 months ago I set up mediation for STBXH and myself, took weeks to get him an agreed appointment then the day before he said he wasn't prepared to attend. Didn't realise then that I could have got a form signed to say he refused. Roll forwards to now and I am trying again but he's saying he's unable to attend until December. What happens if I now refuse to wait that long? It's been nearly 3 years and I am desperate for some of the equity from our house that he's happily living in. Will it look bad on me if I refuse now? I'm convinced he won't turn up....again.

DivorceAlchemist Fri 30-Oct-15 23:12:36

FTS123 Go back to the mediator and have your Miam. They will contact him themselves and give him 14 days to respond. If he doesn't wish to mediate now and you don't want to wait any longer, you'll be able to have the form signed to say you have seen a mediator and this will allow you to issue court proceedings be it for divorce or child arrangements. Often a call from the mediation service will chivvy reluctant parties along if they think legal proceedings are coming. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: