Advanced search

Benefits after leaving marriage SAHM

(5 Posts)
Frecklesandspecs Tue 15-Sep-15 11:06:39

I've been trying to ring around but taking ages to get any answer so asking here instead.

Last year I moved out a few weeks to live at my mums. I claimed child tax credits and CB I think (h had always had the CB in his name but had it stopped as he earns over 50k)

Anyway, I stopped everything again after moving back in and now decided to move out definitely for good.

Will I need to restart a whole new claim or will they still have us on record?

For CB it's on his name, do I have to be claiming this before I get any tax credits?

Twatters Tue 15-Sep-15 19:29:58

Hi freckles
Have a look at the gingerbread site, you can also ring them, for Advice too

Also if you repost this in chat , you will no doubt find lots of helpful people, who can help support and advice you, sorry I can't be more help.

How old are your dc?

Frecklesandspecs Tue 15-Sep-15 21:04:39

Hi Twitters. They are 6,4 & 2
Thank you for replying anyway flowers

Twatters Wed 16-Sep-15 07:09:01

Thats alright, I hope you get it all sorted, flowers

Bellemere Wed 16-Sep-15 10:17:52

Definitely get the child benefit in your name. You will struggle to get other benefits or use the CMS without it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now