Advanced search

STBXH a refusing to fill in Form E

(9 Posts)
FTS123 Thu 03-Sep-15 20:12:22

Obviously I've just emailed my solicitor but wanted some reassurance really, he's had mine for months but has told me tonight that he won't fill it in until we are actually divorced. Can I force him to do it? He lives in the family home while I rent with the children. My name is also on the mortgage.

OP’s posts: |
Fidelia Fri 04-Sep-15 12:31:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FTS123 Fri 04-Sep-15 12:46:02

Thank you, he's already refused mediation.

OP’s posts: |
FTS123 Fri 04-Sep-15 14:53:47

And yes to the slow things down out of spite. He wants me broke and in the gutter. Looks like he might get his wish.

OP’s posts: |
LalaDipsey Sun 06-Sep-15 20:32:45

Ooh I feel your pain!!!! I was at the point where I have filed for divorce, in fact the decree nisi was granted on Thursday but stbxh still hasn't produced his form E. I did the mediation appt so that I could put in a court order for his form E and we had written to say he had until Friday just gone to produce his form E. It arrived on deadline but is so incomplete its bonkers - he has our wedding date wrong, DD1's name wrong, the wrong number of children even in one section and his pension statement isn't correct or what we need! I now have to pay more money to probably have to get a court order for him to provide proper financials. And because he hasn't even written off for his pension statements yet and they take 3months to come thro I won't be divorced by the end of the year which was what I had hoped for. TOSSER!!!!!

LalaDipsey Sun 06-Sep-15 20:33:53

Sorry - I started my post to add advice to you and ended up ranting! Basically - get the mediation appt done so you can file a court order for his form E, and don't agree to the absolute until financials are agreed x

Namechanger2015 Fri 11-Sep-15 10:06:39

If you are going to court then I think you have to show that you considered mediation but it won't work for you.

The process is - book an appt via Nation Family Mediation - just call them up and book one, they will find one close to you. It costs £95 I think.

I'd recommend doing it yourself so you get a slot that suits you, and its v easy to do and will save you solicitor costs on top of the £95. It can take a while to get an appt so its worth getting it out of the way early.

Then go to the meeting, and they will take down your basic details - date of marriage, name and DOB of any children, etc.

Then they will ask if you are willing enter mediation or not. In my case I explained that H is being very uncooperative, and that was enough for them (minimal reasons and no evidence really needed, its more down to your feelings and your personal wish not to enter mediation). They won't tell your H you have been if you don't want them to.

They agreed, and then sent me an official form which I sent to my barrister/solicitor.

I took along my relevant paperwork - marriage certificate and bank statements but didn't need any of it.

meg70 Sun 19-Mar-17 21:28:13

Does anyone know how much it costs for the court order to get a form E completed? ...and if it's possible that the judge would get my stbxh to pay (as he's been deliberately stalling for well over a year now)? Not that it matters I guess coz until we are divorced my money is his money and vice-versa. Sigh. But if he thinks he'll have to stump up the - extra - cash for that I hope he's more likely to comply.

babybarrister Tue 21-Mar-17 09:04:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in