Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Decree absolute

(13 Posts)
MsThing Fri 31-Jul-15 17:34:17

The application for a decree absolute is currently winging its way to the court. I've been told it'll be processed straight away but I won't get told it's done for a few days/week(s). This seems too anticlimactic to me. I want to know I'm divorced on that day! Can I call the court to find out if I'm divorced or is that an urban myth? Is the case number the same as on the nisi?

mineofuselessinformation Fri 31-Jul-15 17:37:21

I'm pretty sure you can call. Why don't you give them a ring and ask how you go about finding out?

lovethisheat Mon 03-Aug-15 08:23:31

I knew mine was through just 2 days after it was stamped. That was via a letter from my solicitor with a copy of it, so it wasn't a long wait. (and the original in the post the following day).

MsThing Mon 03-Aug-15 19:28:50

I called the court today. They confirmed receipt and said it'd be processed today so I've cracked open the champers. Still doesn't feel real though until I see it in black and white.

mineofuselessinformation Mon 03-Aug-15 20:43:27

I got a divorce ring to celebrate mine! grin

bella1968 Thu 06-Aug-15 10:30:03

hey mineofuselessinformation that's a really good idea, last year when we separated I bought myself a solid silver celtic design necklace to mark the occassion and treat myself for all the hard work I put into finally having the guts to say, yes I've tried but it's over. It's a very brave thing to do and we should all reward ourselves for this decision.

Be brave and strong ladies. We are the stronger sex! smile

wednesdayblues Thu 06-Aug-15 10:42:54

Wow go girls, what an idea to buy something.

I have court order through on finance now so can apply for decree absolute but am just checking on whether it will affect property we are selling that we still own together...

think I'll definitely be cracking the bubbles though! smile

mrsdavidbowie Thu 06-Aug-15 14:30:09

It is a bit of an anticlimax!!!

wednesdayblues Thu 06-Aug-15 14:46:57

omg I've heard today that decree absolute is through after all - it is an anti-climax isn't it!! much quicker than I thought!

mrsdavidbowie Thu 06-Aug-15 14:50:38

Oh but its a great feeling.

MsThing Thu 06-Aug-15 17:53:40

I still haven't heard officially but the EX-H has.

mineofuselessinformation Thu 06-Aug-15 19:37:47

Let us know what you're doing to celebrate! smile

MsThing Thu 06-Aug-15 20:38:15

Well, there was the Bolly on Monday. I premptively treated myself to an Apple watch a while ago as a sort of nearly-divorced present. To be honest I've treated myself quite a bit over the year it's taken to get divorced!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now