Talk

Advanced search

Separation and Housing rights

(2 Posts)
srh66 Sat 25-Jul-15 00:27:28

My ex and I have been separated for 8 years after living together for 20 years. We never had a registered our marriage. He has since been residing abroad with his his second wife and children and occasional trips back to the UK. At the time he left we had two children still in full time education. We have had no contact with him or any financial support.

I currently live in a house that we are both shared owners. As my children and I are getting older I have a growing concern about my housing rights and what would happen to the property if something was to happen to myself or my ex. I do not want to split the house equally as I feel that last 8 years have been a financial strain and all the maintenance was done solely by myself and I had to support my children through further education.

Any thoughts would be appreciated on this topic and feel free to ask questions and provide advice.

Thank You

Athenaviolet Sat 25-Jul-15 00:31:16

Go to a lawyer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now