Advanced search

Consent order

(3 Posts)
Janey1981 Mon 06-Jul-15 22:23:14

My ex husband and I have agreed a consent order which I am more than happy with. However although I have signed the paperwork to say I am content, the judge wants a hearing.
I really do not want to prolong this with waiting for a court date and I am assuming all he will say is that I could be entitled to more. However I do not want more so is there anything I can do to make the judge understand I am content? Could I write a letter to say I have sought legal advice and know I could get more money but that I am happy with what has been agreed? would this be an acceptable way for putting my views to the judge without needing to go through a hearing?

Thanks in advance

Minime85 Tue 07-Jul-15 06:49:13

Hi I know my ex sent a letter with ours to explain that we were very happy with this and had agreed it mutually etc. he worded it to please the judge if that makes sense. It went through although a hearing was never mentioned. Good luck.

Janey1981 Tue 07-Jul-15 21:07:30

Thanks Minime85

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now