Talk

Advanced search

Where to start with getting a divorce?

(3 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Wed 01-Jul-15 07:27:58

As quickly, easily and cheap as possible?

I'm confident we won't need a solicitor involved as all the arrangements surrounding the children, finances and assets are already organised.

I have no idea what to do to get the ball rolling....

Reginafalangie Wed 01-Jul-15 07:34:36

You can down load the forms from the gov website. However if their are children and marital assists involved it does get more complicated.

Minime85 Thu 02-Jul-15 06:42:42

I went to a solicitor got the whole free half an hour thing but paid for rest of time. Was about £150 but worth it. Talked me through everything really and told me should could do it for me and at what cost or I was an educated woman who was perfectly capable of doing it myself as like u it wasn't a complicated one and I knew he wouldn't contest. She gave me the forms as I left. I filled it all out using her advice and Internet as did unreasonable behaviour and sent it myself. All went through no probs 5 months. We did consent order ourselves too for about £150 judge agreed it all. I asked on here a few times too about things. I would def recommend seeing a solicitor even just once

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: