Talk

Advanced search

Where to start with getting a divorce?

(3 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Wed 01-Jul-15 07:27:58

As quickly, easily and cheap as possible?

I'm confident we won't need a solicitor involved as all the arrangements surrounding the children, finances and assets are already organised.

I have no idea what to do to get the ball rolling....

Reginafalangie Wed 01-Jul-15 07:34:36

You can down load the forms from the gov website. However if their are children and marital assists involved it does get more complicated.

Minime85 Thu 02-Jul-15 06:42:42

I went to a solicitor got the whole free half an hour thing but paid for rest of time. Was about £150 but worth it. Talked me through everything really and told me should could do it for me and at what cost or I was an educated woman who was perfectly capable of doing it myself as like u it wasn't a complicated one and I knew he wouldn't contest. She gave me the forms as I left. I filled it all out using her advice and Internet as did unreasonable behaviour and sent it myself. All went through no probs 5 months. We did consent order ourselves too for about £150 judge agreed it all. I asked on here a few times too about things. I would def recommend seeing a solicitor even just once

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now