Talk

Advanced search

Cost of first day in court?

(3 Posts)
deckthehallswithdesperation Wed 10-Jun-15 13:08:46

Can you give me an idea of what it's likely to cost for my first court date? I've no idea what to expect. Me, the lawyer & barrister etc. What were your typical costs?

LotusLight Wed 10-Jun-15 15:20:31

We didn't have any court hearings so no personal experience but it will surely depend on what level of solicitor and barrister you are using and their hourly rates / brief fees for the barrister which you ought to know in advance as you should ask for details of the fees beforehand. Presumably the barrister will need to spend some time preparing for the hearing and then there will be time on the day. Some are more expensive than others. A friend spend £200,000 on divorce costs in total. Obviously it depends on the case and that is at the high end. Many people will have simpler cases and use cheaper lawyers.

cannotseeanend Fri 12-Jun-15 19:37:25

ZERO. My husband emptied every single bank account and with 4 kids, all spare money went on them and not on lining the pockets of lawyers or barristers.

I guess it costs as much as you want to pay.

My husband spent £25k on his lawyer before he fired her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now