Talk

Advanced search

London divorce solicitors

(8 Posts)
pinkhalf Wed 27-May-15 08:09:29

Does anyone have a recommendation? I need someone who is tough minded for a consultation. Husband just attempted to kill himself in the house with our daughter in it.

babybarrister Wed 27-May-15 11:41:49

That sounds a very traumatic situation indeed - there are lots of good ones out there but to a large extent it depends on how much you want to spend ...
if you give me an idea of assets and income I am happy to recommend someone suitable - are you likely to be eligible for legal aid? there would have to be domestic violence and your income would have to be low

Moanranger Wed 27-May-15 23:20:46

I have been using Teresa Cullen at Fladgate -she is a rock. She keeps the temperature down & is v v experienced. Also she acts as counsel, too, which I think is a good thing ( apologies to *baby B*)
But go on Resolution web site & see what you think; you need to work really closely with them for a long time so chemistry is important.

pinkhalf Wed 27-May-15 23:35:20

I'm not likely to qualify for legal aid- earn around £45000. There has been some DV.

I think our joint assets are around £900000, that includes house and pensions.

Moanranger Thu 28-May-15 15:28:19

It will cost what it costs then, but do choose someone you feel comfortable with, as you will be in it for the long haul. Do look for someone who can represent you at court. Yesterday, my ex was represented by a barrister he had only just met, she seemed to struggling & was apologising for her incoherence having stayed up late to review the case.
You usually get an initial free consult, and you can consult more than one. Good luck!

babybarrister Fri 29-May-15 23:15:56

Teresa is v good but I imagine pricy. You can get v good people based out of town - james at rose and rose in Kingston good as is fiona read at Russell cooke

toddlerbed Wed 03-Jun-15 22:03:19

I used Sally Parsloe at Hodge, Jones and Allen. I would highly recommend her.

bella1968 Wed 24-Jun-15 09:00:41

hi pinkhalf

That sounds horrendous for you, it depends upon where you are in London, I use Hudgell & Partners in Woolwich, they are brilliant smile

good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now