Talk

Advanced search

Dh stalling divorce over 'period of mourning'..

(5 Posts)
Deckthehallswithdesperation Sat 14-Feb-15 21:23:58

After suffering a final burst of my dhs vitriol I handed him divorce papers the day after his mum was buried (crap timing I know, but I just couldn't take any more abuse). She was 92, had been poorly for ages, so we were expecting her death, it wasn't a suprise. My dh has now said he won't even consider the divorce or find a lawyer himself for a minimum of 6 months, perhaps longer, while he 'grieves' in peace. Fair enough to a period of mourning but I think he is stalling so he has plenty of time to hide assets. He has never let me see a bank statement or bill in 20years! Everything is locked in a safe. I am a sahm & he gives me 'pocket money'. All assets are in his sole name. He has made me what he considers an excessively generous offer of 1/5th assets & I can go to hell if I think I'm getting a penny more! Does anyone know what would be considered a reasonable period of mourning?

strawberryblondebint Sat 14-Feb-15 21:32:06

I have no real advice however he sounds abusive. I would get a solicitors advice Asap. Stay strong. Bumping for you till someone better comes along

AddToBasket Sat 14-Feb-15 21:35:10

Er, no, ignore the period of mourning stuff. He is still trying to control you. what info have you got re his money?

Longdistance Sat 14-Feb-15 21:36:11

How long have you been married? Do you have dc? Does he work or have his own business?
He can't put a time line on grieving, but he does sound abusive.

Deckthehallswithdesperation Sat 14-Feb-15 22:28:10

Yes he's abusive. Took me a long time to see it. Married 18.5ys together for 20. 2 dcs at home. He's self employed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: