Talk

Advanced search

DV - 2 urgent questions

(5 Posts)
gettingabitworriednow Sat 31-Jan-15 06:59:20

DH assaulted me last night. Went straight to police. He was banned from our family home for a period of time pending next steps.
Right now I just need to know: should I go to hospital, even though I suspect all I have is a mildly sprained wrist? Might I need something medical as evidence? What if they confirm nothing much is wrong?
The other thing is, what shall I tell the kids? They were asleep. I am guessing I should lie and tell them he had to go on an urgent business trip????
Thanks for your help!

Perfectlypurple Sat 31-Jan-15 07:01:24

Yes, go to hospital to make sure it isn't worse. And it doesn't matter if there 'isn't much wrong', you were still assaulted.

As for telling the kids, I have no idea I'm afraid. I guess you know them best.

PedantMarina Sat 31-Jan-15 07:10:11

What are the ages of the DCs? They might be ok with a simple version of the truth, depending on age.

So sorry you're going through this. Hope you're getting the support you need (womens aid, social services, etc).

gettingabitworriednow Sat 31-Jan-15 08:28:44

3 and 6.

foolonthehill Mon 02-Feb-15 22:03:53

don't lie but you don't have to tell the whole truth. Something along the lines of Daddy is not staying in the house now because of some grown up things that we need to sort out.Reassure that you love them and that you will all be ok...you might find out that they have an idea that something was seriously wrong...or not.

Are you intending that they see him in a supervised place? (don;t do unsupervised access...it sets a precedent that you are willing for them to be with a violent man...)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: