Advanced search

Divorce Stuck - Help

(3 Posts)
abk61 Fri 09-Jan-15 17:39:48

My Husband applied for a divorce 5 years ago on the grounds of adultery. I agreed to the divorce but not the adultery as it was not true. He re-served me in 2011 and again I responsed to the court. Since then we have have been to mediation to discuss finances and our child (which ended up going to court and he later wrote to the court to say he is not want to see his son again). Dispite asking lots of times he will not apply to the decree nisi or withdrawn his petition to allow me to apply. What can I do to get this divorce moving as we seperated in 2008.

I had a solictor before but all he did was run up my bill asking lots of stupid questions and bombarding her with emails.

STIDW Fri 09-Jan-15 22:11:36

You would need to apply (Form D11 I think) to have the petition dismissed.

ClaireRalph Mon 12-Jan-15 12:46:41

I didn't think the original petition had to be withdrawn for you to lodge your own petition, because my husband was thinking of cross petitioning me when I applied.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: